We were very pleased with the service we received from Greentop to organise entertainment for our black-tie event at Ponds Forge. As a Sheffield charity we’re proud to be able to support another organisation doing excellent work in our community.
Event and Community Workshops
Greentop is dedicated to supporting communities across the region, and we can offer circus skills workshops for cultural, historical and community events; with roots across all cultures, circus offers something for everyone.
We are always interested in working with other local organisations to help you achieve your goals – whether it be fundraising, campaign awareness, building your profile or simply helping people have fun.
A typical drop-in workshop would involve an experienced tutor teaching a range of equipment such as:
- Spinning plates
- Juggling balls or bean bags
- Flower sticks
This works brilliantly for all ages and offers an opportunity to try something new and different!
If you would like to discuss bringing a Greentop circus skills workshop to your event, or to talk about working with us on collaborations or special projects, please contact us.
Workshops start at £90 per hour and can also be booked with a performance or entertainment element.
Over the years we have worked with local organisations of all sizes and have a varied client list. Here are just a few of the recent highlights….
- Healthy Holidays sessions for 4 – 11-year-olds held at our centre – free sessions including a healthy meal that are aimed at children on free school meals
- An aerial workshop for a hen do – “Everyone said they felt included and that there truly was something that they felt they mastered, regardless of whether they tried the trapeze and silks or not”
- Delivering workshops to a soggy but happy bunch at Pax in the Park in Heeley
- Delivering workshops to a slightly less soggy and equally happy bunch at Peddler Pollen Market
- Participating in an ‘alternative sports day’ run through Points Learning Network at Hillsborough Leisure Centre
- Workshops and performances at Grindleford Carnival, Stannington Carnival and Grenoside Gala
- Family Picnic Day at Sheffield General Cemetery