Troupe is Greentop’s performance company for young aspiring performers aged 11–25 years. The 2019 show “High Hopes” and the 2021 production “Playground of Dreams” reached audiences of 1200 people.
We’ve had an amazing journey with Troupe 2023, culminating with a performance of “Connections” at Firth Park Funday, Chesterfield Children’s Festival, and Underneath the Stars Festival, and a special performance here at Greentop as a tribute to Troupe member Bethany Hopkins, touching audiences of over 1500 people across the region.
Since November last year, Troupe members have been meeting most weeks for sessions in circus and performance skills. We did workshops in stage fighting, clown, characterisation and microphone use alongside lots of ensemble devising, brainstorming around a theme and the creation of their aerial acts.
“I’ve been deeply impressed with the whole Troupe project. It’s an amazing undertaking to tour a show to four different outdoor locations with an aerial rig, heartfelt thanks go to the production team and parent volunteers who helped make it happen. This group of 12 young performers dealt with wet weather uncertainties, and they filled in for absent cast members by sharing and learning new roles. Their performances grew and developed in confidence with each outing and they held the attention of the audience with ease and grace.” Maddie McGowan, Troupe Director.
Well done all. Troupe will take a pause now, but if you are interested to be involved in the future do message email@example.com.
Your chance to join Greentop’s performance company Troupe.
What does Troupe involve?
- Members of Troupe benefit from weekly training (Tuesdays 5.30 – 7.30pm) for over 28 weeks, one-day intensives and rehearsals during holidays, leading to a minimum of 4 shows at significant regional events in July on our outdoor aerial rig.
- Troupe training sessions focus on performance skills as well as technical skill development in a range of circus and related disciplines. We expect this to be an additional commitment to your dedicated regular Circus or related discipline class.
- Members of Troupe are part of a performing community supporting each other and working with specialist technical trainers, creatively with guest artists, a show director and designer with the opportunity to achieve Arts Awards.
- Free training will be available for adult volunteers including rigging, first aid, safeguarding.
- The annual fee for Troupe membership is £200. Financial assistance is available and further information will be available upon being offered a place.
Troupe has been made possible with core support from:
Arts Council of England
The Arts Society
Garfield Weston Foundation